Elected new leadership today -#ksleg Congrats to Sen. Oletha Faust-Goudeau who was elected as our new Chair. I am grateful and honored to be the new Vice-Chair. Thanks to my colleagues for this great opportunity and for having faith in me!
Yesterday I had a great meeting with the administration at Cooper Elementary. Today, I met with a local Boy Scout troop. Having a great time interfacing in my new district!
The comments are ok but the article is pathetic: www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/m-school_shootings…htmlI wholeheartedly disagree with this writer. They walk among us…
www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/m-guns_are_designe….html Great Article. We must understand the purpose of the second amendment!
The writers of the amendment "had just prevailed in a war won largely with civilian-owned firearms."
Tonight’s Public Forum Topics::
#ksleg Here is the List of Topics/Opinions presented at tonight’s Public Forum:
– Oppose consolidation of counties and cities
– Repeal this safe and fair elections act
– Concerns about budget cuts to mental health services
– State should pay for rape kits because they are expensive and unaffordable and are for prosecutors – Amend Kansas statutes to help eliminate racial profiling
– Judiciary concerns needs checks and balances difficulty for poor to make appeals and get justice – Concerns about developmentally disabled and Kancare
– Pass heartbeat legislation and anti-flouridation bill
– Protect problem gaming fund, Keep 2% of gaming revenues available for anti-gaming measures – Against liquor and strong beer and wine being sold in grocery & convenience stores; don’t extend 0.6 cents sales tax; end the death penalty; Repeal the safe and fair elections act; Leave judicial selection as is; fund planned parenthood; end war on women; fund public television & radio; protect Ogalalla aquifer; Oppose keystone pipeline – Repeal the safe and fair elections act
– Repeal the safe and fair elections act
– Concerns about the judiciary, need checks & balances and accountability – Put God back in the schools II Chron. 7:14
– Repeal in-state tuition for illegal immigrants
– Vote down the ERO reorganizing the JJA; worried that the legislature will be a rubberstamp for Gov. Brownback – Protect the 2% problem gaming fund, presented a personal testimony how the gaming fund helped the presenter – Protect the 2% problem gaming fund, see many people desperate, without funds, people turn to more suicide/crime – Pass state wide ban on fluoridation; pass heartbeat legislation
– Pass legislation to open Wichita Greyhound Park
– Protect the 2% problem gaming fund
Do something about the Wichita Police Department unchecked violence, examples given of cops let off, justice denied; Repeal the safe and fair elections act – United States academically ranks 18th out of 36 industrialized nations. Please help the young readers with their education but do not hold back (social promotion ban) – Repeal the safe and fair elections act
– Do something about unchecked police violence, check KSA21-3215, use of lethal force, should mandate that that evidence is required – Pass law to allow marijuana use, stop incarcerating people for minor drug offenses; Repeal the safe and fair elections act, First-time voters have more requirements than other voters, is a photograph of documentation acceptable? – Pass a ‘Pay to play’ law; Move spring elections to the fall and make them partisan elections; Repeal the home mortgage interest credit in Kansas; Cut spending don’t raise taxes to balance budget; do not pass the bail bondsman relief act – Do not cut funding for mental health programs in our schools
– Repeal the safe and fair elections act
– Pass legislation to allow hemp production for construction, fiber, fuel, protein, and reduce CO2
I was very pleased with the meeting tonight. Many logical arguments were made but everyone stayed respectful of the delegation and each other. There was a wide array of topics and competing ideology but good speakers and mutual respect balanced with passion. Now we need to continue the communication. I look forward to talking to these folks one on one.
#ksleg Jury Room is Full! Should be a great evening!
Hey Washington, Gun Control is not the Priority! Your insatiable congressional spending addiction needs to be your focus!